We hope you are inspired by what we do and are excited to contribute to our mission. The Academy is looking for candidates who do great work, and we know they may come from a number of different backgrounds and experiences. We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every one of the qualifications for the position.
Please note: Beginning Friday, August 27, Academy employees and volunteers will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or undergo testing and provide negative test results before they are able to work on-site or off-site with others.
The HR Analyst position is a temporary full-time assignment for 12 months to cover the day-to-day responsibilities related to the employee lifecycle and related HR systems. This role is responsible for assisting in compensation review, equity analysis, troubleshooting payroll/hr processes, running timely reports, including required training, and compliance. The HR Analyst reports to the HRIS Implementation Analyst and will work closely with the HR Team and manage HR projects.
We are committed to ensuring diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are intrinsic to Academy culture and operations, from recruitment and retention to science and advocacy. Explore Our Commitment to Racial Equity to learn about our intentional engagement of traditionally excluded groups in an effort to spark interest in or foster pathways to scientific careers.
The position is primarily remote in California for the time being. They must easily be able to work onsite when needed and in accordance with the latest health and safety guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting, Systems, and Compensation Review - 50%
● Responsible for running timely reports on the employee lifecycle under the direction of the HR Analyst, includes demographics, diversity, compensation and equity analysis, annual status reports, and other customized reports as needed for staff and compliance
● Responsible for high-level data analysis and generates reports on HR trends on recruitment, promotions, turnover and other ad-hoc requests
● Responsible for updating and creating bi-monthly participation reports on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Access (DEIA) workshops
● Responsible for government-mandated reporting under the direction of the HRIS Implementation Analyst (i.e., EEO-1, California Pay Data Reporting)
● Reviews job descriptions and assign the proper job band levels and grades prior as part of the pay equity process for all compensation changes.
● Responsible for reviewing and documenting pay equity for all compensation changes and reviewing with HRAD and hiring managers
● Participates in salary surveys and ensures we have relevant and consistent sources on an annual basis
● Serves as the main point of contact on resolving issues for HR and payroll with oversight from the HRIS Implementation Analyst
● Responsible for system support as it relates to our core HR System, Performance Management, and Training Systems
● Responsible for the rollout and maintenance of mandatory onboarding training (i.e. Harassment Prevention Training)
General HR - 50%
● Provides assistance/backup to the HR Assistant on all employee life cycle data, including completion of new hire paperwork and new hire orientation
● Assists employees to initiate documents through adobe sign for various HR processes, including routing and completing open position requisitions (OPR), and other forms and documents
● Responsible for updating and tracking I9 documentation and stay current with compliance
● Answers questions on a variety of HR inquiries and forwards any unresolved issues to the appropriate HR team member as needed
● May perform exit interviews for non-management level positions and follows Academy process
● Under the guidance of the HRAD, conducts employee relation investigations about absence, conduct and capability, and other employee-relations matters per, Academy’s policies and procedures
● Provides project assistance as needed for HR programs and projects
● Follow all Academy safety regulations
● Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities who meet the job’s essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use a computer, and communicate on the phone, in person, and online meetings/calls. Must be able to perform repetitive motions 80% of the time.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1, 2021 at 5PM. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and complete the brief online application.
The California Academy of Sciences will give full consideration for employment to all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).
The California Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensuring that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, place of birth, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, height or weight, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.